Members of the Executive Committee of the Hong Kong Family Law Association attended a sharing session with the Family Law Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong, the Social Welfare Department and several NGOs on 18 December 2019.
The session was an information sharing exercise to promote greater understanding of stakeholders in the provision of new services to support families going through separation and divorce. These services will be provided by NGOs and designated Specialised Co-parenting Support Centres (SCSCs).
The SCSCs assist the parents to carry out parental responsibilities under the child-focused principles, strengthen parent-child connection and provide support to children affected by parental separation/divorce and family change to promote their healthy growth and development.
Services are offered free of charge and distributed throughout Hong Kong.
The NGOS involved are:-
- Hong Kong Catholic Marriage Advisory Council (CMAC)
- Hong Kong Family Welfare Society (HKFWS)
- The Boys and Girls Clubs Association of Hong Kong (BGCA)
- St. James’ Settlement
The SCSCs will assist parents to carry out their parental responsibilities aided by child-focused principle to strengthen parent-child connection and provide support to children affected by parental separation/divorce and family change to promote their healthy growth and development.
Specific services offered are as follows:
- Co-parenting Counselling Service ‘CPC’
- Parenting Co-ordination service
- Supervised Contact & Exchange Service
- Child focused co-parenting workshop & Talk
- Therapeutic Group Course
- Mutual Help Group and Volunteer Service
For further information you may visit the Social Welfare Department or speak to a family law professional